Sunday, July 26, 2009

Carolyn New York Polish, Spanish Harlem

This polish has a secret ....... and I'm gonna share it with you! But first let me give you the full story. So I pulled this out of the draw (untried) and said brown is not for me! But I must try it and swatch it, anyways. And I did. And you know what I found out? .... This isn't your everyday brown shimmer, nope it has a secret surprise! This brown shimmer has red shimmer! So so pretty! I tried to capture this in my pic's but couldn't. So this is a dark brown shimmer but walk outside, and even on an overcast day you can see the beautiful red shimmer in this! I said to my dad "This isn't my color, when would I wear this? and he said "To the Opera". And In an instant, I saw myself: Red hair pulled up, a beautiful flowing gown. A string of gems and pearls across my neck. And I was perfect! No flaws, just elegance. The man next to me saw no one but me, heard no voice but mine. And I was he's queen! This is how a simple polish, made me feel. I know it sounds silly .....but it's the truth! Everyone says "A picture says a thousand words" But I say "sometimes a thousand words just isn't enough!" This polish is understated, simple, almost plain. But inside it is a gem. A diamond in the rough........This is 3 coats, no base, no top.